National Research Tomsk State University
Faculty of Innovative Technologies
for Master’s Degree Program
“Information systems and technologies” (09.04.02)
Information systems in science and professional equipment engineering
- Global networks (types of networks, types of services). The Internet.
- Information and communication technologies for general use.
- Classification of operating systems.
- The concept of information security. Security models and their application.
- Local area networks (LAN): features, topologies and methods for LAN access.
- Modular programming.
- UNIX Operating systems.
- Basic mechanisms for computer system control.
- Basic concepts of the database. Database control systems.
- Basic concepts, terminology and classification of information technology.
- Basic programming styles.
- Basic construction principles of computer systems.
- Network equipment. Fundamentals of discrete data transfer in computer networks.
- Technologies of information system design.
- Characteristics of modern operating systems.
- Storage and processing of numerical and text information.
- The language of SQL queries.